Thursday, January 7, 2010

The New Year


Where did the time go.....wonder of it all, it did! A year filled with new beginnings, some goodbyes and many memories to last a lifetime. What is around the corner? I never know and my life is always interesting this way! The constant is my haven, the little portion of paradise I lovingly call home may be just borrowed for a time and yet.....coming with a simpler existence, an embrace of all that is beautiful. I have embarked on new paths, always with a nervous excitement. Only to find that the travel was more rewarding than the destination! I have rekindled relationships with friends spanning decades and the most unexpected surprises that have followed. Sometimes I have to sit still to let it all sink in..... A man with the soul of a mariner had said to me...."I know what it is about you!" "You are happy!" He said this with such emotion, a sweet smile and sparkling blue eyes in his rugged face......this touched me with pure honesty. There can be no value placed on a treasure such as this. Yes, in the new year, I am happy......content......at peace and...always in awe of life......

No comments:

Post a Comment